Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Missionary Training Center

 Monday morning we arrived at the MTC. We were grateful these young Elders were doing a service project and carried our suitcases up three flights of stairs.
 I have always wanted to stand in front of this map and point out our mission. There was no map 40 years ago when I went to Brazil. About 35 couples arrived with us on Monday. They are going to Panama, Marshall Islands, Louisiana, South Africa, Siberia, Germany, Montana, Canada, Germany, Honduras, Ghana, Samoa, Greece,Hawaii, Texas-Houston and Dallas, Mexico, and England to name a few. I couldn't help but think of the Savior's words "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."  Don't we look happy.
 Here is our district. We meet together several hours to learn to "preach the gospel."  The Summers are going to Manchester, England. The Ogborns are going to the Marshall Islands-this is their 3rd mission-Kenya and Mongolia were their others. Our teacher is majoring in Economics a returned missionary who served in the Melbourne, Australia Chinese speaking mission.  Our goal is to learn to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. We have three days to learn it.
Look how lovely the grounds are. I had to have this picture of clematis and tulips. They are fabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment