Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MTC

This morning we came down for breakfast at 7:00. There were two young ladies swabbing down our stairwell.  I assumed they were custodial staff then saw their missionary name tags. They are going to Boston and Houston.  Today the new missionaries came. There must have been hundreds. (There are about 2,000 missionaries here at the MTC at one time.) The young Elders are always holding the doors for us, and we ask where they are going.  One was from Hong Kong going to Canada-three going to Singapore. We told them Mel had opened Singapore over 40 years ago. Two young fellows were from Korea. In broken English, they said they were going back to Korea. Another one could only say, "Chile." I don't know where he was from.
I had to have this pot of tulips and the Elders on bikes statue. Last night we had a devotional with Elder Allan F. Packer speaking.  He looked just like Pres. Boyd K. Packer so I assume he is the son. We got to sing "Called to Serve" with the 2000 "stripling warriors".  It is very powerful singing with so many young people. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve. The food here is good- I don't have to cook it.  I have gained 5 lbs maybe even 6 so I am glad we leave Friday. We are trying to remember where scripture are to help us i.e. Amos 3:7 why we need prophets, God is our Heavenly Father Hebrews 12:9-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment