| King Henry VIII closed down this Catholic abbey in 1540 after the founding of the Church of England and suppression of the Roman churches throughout England. |
| We enjoyed our walk around the grounds. For a building destroyed in 1540 it is still a thing of beauty and art. |
199 steps that lead up the hill to the abbey. They were nothing after Roseberry Topping. It took about an hour to drive south to Whitby-a lovey town south of us on the coast. The ruins are from an abbey built in the 13th century. I still felt a reverence as we walked through the ruins.
I'm so glad I came across your blog! It will be fun to keep up on what is happening in your lives! You are such great missionaries!! If you're able, and would like to follow our lives, you can email me at at[dot]ormond[at]gmail[dot]com That way I'll have your email address and can send you an invite to our blog!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!!